Is it possible to buy a add-ons for limited users only instead of all available users in jira?

Tejprakash Sharma November 23, 2015

I am hosting JIRA on my own server and I have a licence for 500 users, Now If I go for any add-ons it shows me pricing for 500 users that is too high. I want to use that add-ons only for the limited users only. So is it possible to buy any add-ons for limited users not for all JIRA users. 

1 answer

2 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2015

Hi

At present the number of addons that can be restricted to a number lower than the overall licence is limited (personally I am only fully aware that Balsamiq offers this). However, as you will have seen with the release of JIRA 7 the ability to licence application functionality for a subset of users and I would expect more plugins to go down that route. 

Phill

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2015

But unfortunately this is not yet possible either as the JIRA 7 Software license model is not available for plugin vendors yet

Suggest an answer