Is it possible to associate a project with a client?

christopher-wilson December 29, 2016

I am configuring a JIRA for my company, and I'm wondering if it is possible to associate clients with a project. I have a custom field for tasks, but I'd prefer to be able to set the client when we set the project as opposed to setting it with every issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2016

It depends on what you want from the relationship.  What would "setting a client" be aimed at getting you? 

I've got some suggestions, but the best option very much depends on what you expect the association to actually do!

christopher-wilson December 29, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Thanks fro the response. I really just want to associate projects with who we are doing them for, and be able to filter and sort through them like you can with a custom field. The custom fields on Issues would be fine, but you have to set them each time, and no one is going to do that if there are 100+ issues in a project.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2016

Ah, that's an easy one then.  Create a new project category for each "client" and stick each project in the right one.

You can then use the search "category = x" to pull all issues for a client across all their projects.  (Or even "category in (x, y, z)")

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events