Is it possible to apply template changes to existing pages?

Devin Jones March 28, 2016

Recently, I modified the template for issue pages. The end users want me to apply the changes made in the template to the pages that already exist which were created based on the original template (before it was modified). Is this possible?

2 answers

1 vote
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

I'd like some precision on your question. 

You're talking of "pages" and templates. That sounds a lot like Confluence talk. Are you talking about JIRA?

If so, what are you using for your templates? A plugin like Issue Templates or JEditor?

Either way, there's no automated way to do this. In JIRA, you would have to do a bunch of bulk edits, and that might not be an option, depending on the data you have. In Confluence, just nope.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2016

JIRA does not have templates, so I think your labels are wrong.  Unless you have add-ons which enable templates, for which you have missed the labels for.

Confluence does do templates, adn they do what templates are supposed to - give the user a block of standard stuff they can accept, add to, change or delete.

In both cases, a template is a starting point.  Your users copy a load of standard stuff and then do what they want to it.  Amending the template later does not, and should not, affect their work.

Suggest an answer