Is it possible to add new items at the end of the backlog?

Dick Beekman June 15, 2016

To me it seems more logical to have new items been added to the end of the backlog. This instead of the current behavior of adding them at the top.

We try to keep the top of the backlog groomed, and if just before starting a new sprint the top of the backlog is polluted with newly added items this is pretty annoying.

Maybe I am missing a setting? And if not, could I suggest a feature that this behavior can be influenced with a setting per board?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2016

Hi,
New issues are created below the currently selected issue in a board(and if there are no selected issues - to the top of the backlog). I think that currently it is not possible to create an issue at the bottom of the backlog by default. For more info you can check this thread and the issue that introduced this feature.
Regards,
Peter 

Dick Beekman June 15, 2016

Thanks, that makes sense. And instructing the users to first select an issue is an easy work around. Thanks a lot Peter!

Suggest an answer