Is it possible to add headers and footers to exports (in all formats) from JIRA?

Donna Mills June 15, 2016

I need to be able to assign a document classification to information exported from JIRA in all formats. Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2017

Hi @Donna Mills,

If you want to export JIRA Issues data inside of customized documents, I suggest you to try Xporter for JIRA. With this add-on you'll be able to create your templates with a customized layout, for example, headers and footers, colors, tables with listings and much more.

Tha addon also provides a template store with many free templates. You can install and customize those templates.

Try it.

Cheers,

Rui Rodrigues.

0 votes
Donna Mills June 16, 2016

Thanks for the quick response. Whenever the user is given the option to export information from JIRA e.g. "issues reported by me" or just a single issue, in XML, Word, Excel etc we would like to be able to assign a security classification in the header and footer of the exported document as you can with PDFs exported from Confluence. From what you say it sounds like it is not possible in the same way. I guess our workaround solution will be to insert headers and footers once the document has been exported.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2016

Not really - most of what you're thinking of as "exports" are probably independent reports generating stuff suitable for what the user selected as the format.  Things like the excel download and release notes for example - totally different things, and totally separate code.

I'd start by defining exactly what you mean by "document" and explain which "exports" you're using to get them.

Without that, we're a little stuck on helping you.  (As an example though, if you told us a "document" is a representation of a single issue - great, your classification is a field.  But I suspect you've got something more complex)

Suggest an answer