Is it possible to add exceptions to project roles listed in notification schemes?

Morgan Thunder October 15, 2015

In a scenario where a group need to be added to the role of administrators on many projects, but do not want to receive notifications, is it possible to leave 'administrators' on the notification scheme (otherwise the original administrator will not get notifications) but somehow exempt the group from receiving them?

I know this is a very particular thing but thought it worth asking in case there's a plugin or something I don't know about.  The problem is that the alternative of removing administrators from the notifications schemes of every project and adding the individual users who are the 'real' administrators would take far too long and it would only be a temporary arrangement so would all have to be undone afterwards.

So basically, is there any way to add exceptions to notification schemes?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2015

I'm afraid there's no functionality to allow that.  JIRA basically works on a purely permissive basis - you add people to stuff to include them.  If you want to stop them having something, you remove them from the option, you don't add restrictions.

Morgan Thunder October 15, 2015

Ok well thanks for your prompt answer anyway - I figured as much. Do you know if there's any way to see a list of all the events you are currently set to receive notifications for? Something like the 'Watched Issues' gadget. Being able to easily see what you are being notified on would be fantastic - even if you couldn't be given control over those notifications it could help to inform email filters you set up.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2015

I'm afraid there's nothing like that. It's a *lot* of work to try to establish what you might be notified about - you'd have to read all the issues, all the permissions, all the user memberships and all the notification schemes. You're at the mercy of your JIRA admin and his ideas on how to set up notification schemes. (One of the first things I tell new admins is "keep it simple - the default scheme is ok as it only notifies people who are actively involved, but you still might want to think about paring it down more!")

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events