Is a way to add new custom field for all existing bugs?

CaptainJonesy October 27, 2015

Hi, 

I've created a new field called "Developer build fix" which is intended for the developer fill in before placing the bug to QA review for the QA to regress the issue. 

This new field exists on the "create" issue screen but it doesn't exist on the current bug view screen or edit bug screen for any old bug. I've looked at screen schemes and can't seem select to add this custom field to all existing bugs. Is a way to add this new custom field for all existing bugs even if the field is empty? Also I was wondering if there is edit the position of the fields on the bug view screen? 

Thank you for your help on this. 

Kind Regards, 

Chris 

Note: I've using the JIRA Cloud

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2015

Fields that do not have a value will not appear in the view screens. But you should be able to add value to it by "Editing" an issue and it is in the Screen Scheme's "Edit Screen".  Can you see if you add it there?

Also, the "View Screen" only controls what fields are viewable, but you cannot re-order them. Links will be displayed in the link section, Summary will always be at the top, etc...

CaptainJonesy October 28, 2015

@Gabrielle Bautista [ACP-JA] Thanks for your advice so far. Is there a way to add the value to "None" to "Developer build fix" field? So if, how do you do that? Like the screenshot below, these fields appear on the view bug/edit screen with the value of "None" with no info as. Thanks smile

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 16.13.03.png

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2015

Go to the "Administration Screen > Issues > Custom Fields > %Custom_Field% > Edit Default Value" then put "None"

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2015

Don't add a option explicitly named "None" or you will see cases where None appears twice in a select list field. In general, a better default for an empty field is just to leave the default empty

Suggest an answer