Is JIRA Server accessible for non IT people? And is it quicker than the Cloud one?

Jolan Reynaud August 10, 2017

Hi,

I'm working on JIRA Cloud since 8 months now in my company and we're wondering if it could be better to pass to the Server one.

Indeed, we have several issues with the Cloud version and particularly the timeliness/rapidity in use. Some of us are bothered to use it because it's a little bit laggy and not really quick.

So, we would like to know if it could be faster on a Server version?

And, is it really hard to install on a server?
Or can I, with my experience of 8 months on the Cloud version, customizing all I can, and with some help from our programmers maybe, install it by myself?

Thanks.

Jolan.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2017

There are several reasons to move to server.  Some people have issues with the latency and network between them and Cloud, for some it's about the location of the data, for most of us, it's about the inability to scale and/or freedom to configure what we want.

There is a very good chance that you will find it faster on a server inside your network.  It is easy to install, I don't think you'll need help from your programmers at all!

Jolan Reynaud August 11, 2017

Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I conceive that the performance of the server will be dependent on the configuration of the server hardware.

So thank you again, and have a nice day! :)

Suggest an answer