Interfacing to MS Access from JIRA

it_mosys April 17, 2018

Hi,

I seem a little baffled here. I would like to set up a connection to our MS Access “database” to be able to pull information from it and ideally write to it. Has anyone ever done it, I managed to find a plugin ODBC driver for JIRA but it seems that it is read access only. Any suggestions at all please?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

While I have not done this myself, I believe this can be done.    The ODBC driver plugin you mention does appear to be on the right track for this.  However when I reviewed the documentation on this, I found that they seem to indicate a "bidirectional access", so I don't think this would be solely a read only connection.

It appears this question has been asked before here, I would recommend checking out @Phill Fox's post about this in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/How-to-integrate-MS-access-database-with-JIRA/qaq-p/179970

He suggests the use of another plugin, Power Database Fields PRO -External Data, to help here.

Suggest an answer