Integration Bitbucket - JIRA as user server : ApplicationPermissionException

Rafal Sojka May 29, 2017

Hi, I'm trying to connect the BitBucket server with JIRA user server, however I receive the following exception:

2017-05-29 04:56:35,256 INFO [http-nio-7990-exec-1] bitbucket @GTGW03x296x2166x0 znzs6k <hostname> "POST /plugins/servlet/embedded-crowd/configure/crowd/ HTTP/1.1" c.a.c.s.client.ClientPropertiesImpl Failed to find value for property: asap.issuer
2017-05-29 04:56:35,256 INFO [http-nio-7990-exec-1] bitbucket @GTGW03x296x2166x0 znzs6k <hostname> "POST /plugins/servlet/embedded-crowd/configure/crowd/ HTTP/1.1" c.a.c.s.client.ClientPropertiesImpl Failed to find value for property: asap.key.id
2017-05-29 04:56:35,256 INFO [http-nio-7990-exec-1] bitbucket @GTGW03x296x2166x0 znzs6k <hostname> "POST /plugins/servlet/embedded-crowd/configure/crowd/ HTTP/1.1" c.a.c.s.client.ClientPropertiesImpl Failed to find value for property: asap.subject.required
2017-05-29 04:56:35,318 ERROR [http-nio-7990-exec-1] bitbucket @GTGW03x296x2166x0 znzs6k <hostname> "POST /plugins/servlet/embedded-crowd/configure/crowd/ HTTP/1.1" c.a.c.e.a.ConfigurationController Configuration test failed for user directory: [ JIRA User Directory], type: [ CROWD ]
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: �X[o�8~�0y�]���Z2A+`wAb��h hU�r��4�'i�}�d:�v.��B�R� � ����98�t�΋L�����'mE[@�W%�� J��o{���@�h9z��8K |������ m�u��E ��ϭ5#�d��9��U���!�MУGORk�^qg��Յ���ד����/ߞ�?͓���l�?'-���6� V�M��i)͙��Tj��� "[Q�odu.8HS}▒▒�ˑ�tu-�iދ��8�I��7�;����T�͚��|T �:�`I;\� ��O��C+q��n����`��-aS,����]�R��\)�I�,=��.��+YS3+/ VcAy��S�Im�� Z�嘁��։�bS��J�u�Z�qd�BԴ"��3E�)5VpJ�����n:�G�[��l\��i $��M�(����J�'�&?`~����(� �Cr8,b!�n��=�w��^86Z"HJZ6��Y���7�db��0�Z-(�B������cƓ8�m��>$�m'I ,�}7� R��*o.ZQ��xV��P����/ '▒▒����a'~�hDB�sJ��ڌ����%P��T�h�B �#�g�t�� �y����NN�����(OVY�R,]�'\w���C�&�� fqBԁ��7�^�r���~�ϗ G��!w,���ixN &.�x�s7�iN\���; �uov����j�tLw��R��d8���Y!��p5�J | �b�6▒▒v:���7͉b�� 'W���U�J��&݀� �7�,�\�� E���A� �o�[mD\ݺ�V�wI8�hx2BS S�>.�᎝Ҋ/���˙N�O'pAU�"=�OI�!']ѢZ��X� �խS}h�6hy���|,��I ���=����1��|��6~��טV��d�▒▒y�.��Ve6����%���j:��w(ڍ̩�������G�I� so�� ���u;�_w�2m�h�/�,Ey���\]g/JVu*�8"(e��᧮j�(�!�V. ��կ@ e%��T �H#�޳����j3��NɪS�I�^/^������B����j+� M5�H�Wp�����P���?�r��>�(▒!)���q=2W��J��|TyC�w��E��F� L� ��0p�z�
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdDirectoryServiceImpl.testConnection(CrowdDirectoryServiceImpl.java:78)
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.crowd.CustomizedCrowdDirectoryService.testConnection(CustomizedCrowdDirectoryService.java:43)
at com.atlassian.plugin.util.ContextClassLoaderSettingInvocationHandler.invoke(ContextClassLoaderSettingInvocationHandler.java:26)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.doInvoke(ServiceInvoker.java:56)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.invoke(ServiceInvoker.java:60)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invokeUnprivileged(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:70)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invoke(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:53)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.LocalBundleContextAdvice.invoke(LocalBundleContextAdvice.java:57)

Do you know what can be the reason behind it, honestly I think we checked everything and still don't know what is the problem.

Thank you for help

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2017

Did you configure the bitbucket application properties correctly in JIRA, as mentioned at https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/connecting-bitbucket-server-to-jira-for-user-management-776640400.html#ConnectingBitbucketServertoJIRAforusermanagement-jira.

I would double check the application name and password. Also, verfiy the ip address.

Rafal Sojka May 30, 2017

Yes, I think we set all settings properly because we were able to connect BitBucket with another JIRA test server in the same version and there were no exceptions.

We also checked application name and password a couple of times, so this issue is not connected with credentials. Actually we used the same application/password connecting with the second JIRA test server and as mentioned earlier connection was created successfully.

To sum up, we have two test jira servers in the same version but we can integrate BitBucket only with one of them as a JIRA user server.  

And just to make it clear we don't want to have two jira user servers connected with Bitbucket. We checked the 2nd one only because of problem with the first one.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2017

So, just to clarify, the configuration in both JIRA test servers are the same? Do you see any error in the JIRA logs while Bitbucket is configured?

Suggest an answer