Integrating JIRA with IIS

Robert Perry May 19, 2016

After following the directions in the "Integrating JIRA with IIS" Atlassian document, I am not able to bring the JIRA application up.  When I type in the JIRA url, the /JIRA virtual directory contents appear in the browser.  Our operating system is Windows 2012 and the IIS version is 8.  Any assistance provided will be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Robert Perry May 20, 2016

Thanks Nic.  JIRA has worked fine until I was requested to integrate it with IIS.  I have reviewed the all of implementation steps several times but I will take your advice and do it again.  Thank you for responding.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2016

From memory, that means that while JIRA may be working, IIS is not seeing it as an application to be proxied it thinks it's just a set of files in a virtual directory.  When I've done that, it's always been down to the isapi configuration being incorrect (with the notable exception that I forgot to install the dll once and spent 2 hours banging my head on totally correct config).  Could you go over every step in the isapi section and check that you've done everything as per doc?

Also, I assume you've checked JIRA is served up ok to a browser hitting the server directly (even if the browser is  only on the server)

Suggest an answer