Install Jira on Linux

Sravan Kumar February 4, 2017

Guys i followed the Atlassian doc to install JIRA on Linux, after downloading when i execute the chmod command its not doing what its supposed to do like Atlassian says. Its throwing an error. I am guessing its because i have not moved the downloaded file from my windows folder to Linux box. can some one explain the step by step procedure please. As i am new to Linux not able to install JIRA on linux.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2017

It's unclear what you are doing here.  You haven't said which guide you're following, what the errors are, or what you've done differently from the guide.

But I'd say the main problem is that you have not "moved the downloaded file" - if you haven't put the installation file on the machine you are installing on, I'm really not sure how you expect to install it.

0 votes
Sravan Kumar February 6, 2017

Thankq very much Nic.. I figured out. the problem I was facing was the downloaded file is in my windows box and I was not able to move that to the specific folder in Linux as I not being an expert in Linux.

All I did was copied the file location, used the "wget" command and downloaded the JIRA on the Linux box and was able to install it.

Thanks again..

Suggest an answer