• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Jira Core Server
  • Questions
  • In our workflow 'Released' is a status that is mapped to Done, but moving things into 'Released' does not remove them from the backlog. Aren't issues with statuses that are 'Done' supposed to be removed from the backlog?

In our workflow 'Released' is a status that is mapped to Done, but moving things into 'Released' does not remove them from the backlog. Aren't issues with statuses that are 'Done' supposed to be removed from the backlog?

Aleshia Bonilla January 29, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2016

Don't mixed up JIRA Issue Statuses and the JIRA Board Columns. I can move a certain issue to "Released" status but configure that column to show in the "In Review" column. The same scenario here, putting a JIRA Issue to "Released" status does not mean it is in status "Done", it's how you configure it to be in your board. Check that part.

Also, JIRA Issues will only be visible in the Backlog if:

• the issue is not a Sub-Task,
  • the issue matches the board's Saved Filter (see Configuring Filters),
  • the issue's status maps to one of the board's columns (but not the 'Done' column), and
  • there is at least a status being mapped to the right most column. Eg. If you have the columns To Do, In Progress and Done, ensure that you have a status mapped to In Progress at least. If you map all the statuses to the first column (To Do), you will not be able to see any issues in the Backlog.

Reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/using-a-board/using-the-backlog

Aleshia Bonilla January 29, 2016

So in a round about way this answered by question.  I had my columns progressing right to left, like in Pivotal Tracker, but JIRA does it the other way.  The blue 'To Do' is far left, the green 'Done' is far right.  I needed to flip the order my features progressed through to left to right and assign my 'Released' status to the green 'Done' column.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events