• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Core
  • Questions
  • In my JIRA board suddenly started seeing other teams sprints showing up? What could be the reasons? This is affecting the version reports.

In my JIRA board suddenly started seeing other teams sprints showing up? What could be the reasons? This is affecting the version reports.

I have been using JIRA for the projects and running sprints successfully. Suddenly I stated seeing some other projects sprints  showing up on my board. This is skewing the release burndown and version reports which is used effectively for  managing releases. 

What could be the possible reasons of the same.?

2 answers

1 accepted

In a general sense, if you see a sprint from another project, it means that this sprint contains issues that match your board's filter. Discounting flaws in your own filter, here's what could have happened:

1. Another team (the "wrong" sprint owners) have a faulty filter which catches some of your issues
  2. Somebody interacting with your issues has manually set the Sprint field in the Edit screen to the wrong sprint. This mistake is sort of easily made.

Both scenarios can be verified by looking at the contents of the "wrong" sprint(s). Doing a JQL for Project = YourProject AND Sprint in ("WrongSprint1", "WrongSprint2"...) will show you all issues associated with the wrong sprint. From there, look at the history of individual issues to figure out what happened.

Once you've done your detective work, it's pretty much an issue of figuring out how to avoid that mistake in the future.

Thanks and  there  was  a cloning of a JIRA card and that  had  closed Wrong sprints in it which could not  be edited and hence was  showing up in our board.

Hi @Subhashish Lahiri,

You need to check the board filter and make sure that it displays only one project. A common mistake is that board filters are based on an issue type and when a new project is created with same issue type its requests will be shown together. Or it could be that someone from the team have updated the board filter without knowing that this filter is used in a board.

Hi Georges

I rechecked the board filter and it is configured to only one project. So the issue should be something else.

Hi @Subhashish Lahiri,

The other possibility then is that you have moved a request from one project to another. This will cause that the old sprint of the request will be available on the new kanban also.

Is this your case?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,196 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot