In java coding i wanted to get the issue links to issues based on projects, How to achieve this?

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2016

That doesn't really make a lot of sense.  Links are between issues.

I suspect a better way to put it might be "when looking at an issue, I want to get the links (or issues?) to issues within a specific target project".  e.g. ABC-123 is linked to ABC-456, DEF-234, GHI-567 and DEF-345, so you want to get DEF-234 and DEF-345 because you've chosen project DEF.  Does that sound right?

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2016

Yes Nic, 100% right. Any way to achieve this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2016

Yep.  For each issue you want to look at the links for, use an issueLinkManager call to get the list of links and then check the issue at the end of each one in order to see if it's in the target project

For example - links = issueLinkManager.getLinkCollection (issue, user, true) will return all the links on an issue, as the passed user would see them, and the "true" excludes system links (subtasks and epics I think).  There are other calls you can use, to get just incoming or outgoing links too.

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2016

Thank you Nic I will work on it. And will update it when i get the Output.

Suggest an answer