It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

In eazyBI why are Epics under Projects hierarchically?

I've created an eazyBI report which summarizes time logged by epic (rows) and user (columns.)

I've noticed that some epics are repeated and have found that each repetition represents the stories under that epic from different projects.

I'm wondering why epics fall under projects in the hierarchy when it's possible for an epic to have stories from different projects?  Would it not make more sense for projects to be grouped by epics?

Is there some way I can have all stories from different projects grouped under the same epic in my reports where I use the "Issue" dimension?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Matt,

In this case, you could try importing "Epic Link" custom field as separate dimension (via eazyBI import settings) and then use it instead of "Issue" epic hierarchy.

After importing this field, you should be able to find it under "Agile" dimensions

Epic Link dimension in eazyBI.jpg

Please contact support@eazybi.com if you have further questions regarding this!

Kind regards,

Martins Vanags / support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

947 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you