In Jira I can't @r but the others work

johnish October 7, 2015

It is the strangest thing. Starting this Monday I noticed that when I do "@r" it says that nobody was found. However the other people letter seem to work. I asked an administrator of our JIRA account and they didn't know what could be causing this. 

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2015

Do you have the 'Browse Users' global permission?

John Wetsell October 7, 2015

Their are users with R to the permission, mainly one of the watchers to the ticket and the reporter. 

I don't know if I have 'Browser Users' global permission or not. I asked the administrator and they asked me a question back and never answered. 

I did find out that if I do '@r' and it doesn't work I can do '@a' erase then do '@ree' and his name pops up. Found the same thing with '@n' and nothing pops up I can do the same thing then go for the persons last name '@jh' and then it pops up. 

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2015

Hmm, what was the question admin asked? If you do not have the permission though, you shouldn't be seeing results even when you type the last name! Are you using a supported browser? Maybe it is just slow response time?

John Wetsell October 8, 2015

How do you get points on this forum? It said I couldn't respond cause I don't have any points.. Admin asked if it was working now. My response was, no it's still not working. I do have `Browse Users` global permission. I'm using Mac with the newest Chrome browser. It could be really slow response. That would explain it.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2015

How many users do you have? There maybe a lot of "r" as oppose to "a" which loads faster.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2015

@Mentions respects the project permission, so there might be no user that has access to your issue/project that starts with "r". Can you double check that?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events