Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

In Jira 6.x I used a query that no longer works in 7.n to export to excel

I used this format to export the package:

http://<JIRA SERVER>/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-excel-all-fields/temp/SearchRequest.xls?jqlQuery==filter%20in%20(17459)=<USERNAME>&os_password=<PASSWORD>&tempMax=2500

When run in a DOS command box using Curl, it looks like records are being found, but there is nothing Received or xferd

I also tried "issueviews:searchrequest-csv-all-fields", no difference

Did the syntax change?

Any other clues I can chase?

-Mark

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Nov 27, 2018

Starting with Jira 7.2, Atlassian deprecated the Excel export in Jira due to a security issue with the files it created.   There is more detail on this change in the KB JIRA Excel export of issues no longer opens correctly

At the same time, Jira introduced the CSV export option as a means to fill the avoid of removing the excel export option.

That said, if you find that you need the old functionality, that KB does have steps you can follow in order to re-enable the Excel export functions.

0 votes

You can create native Excel exports with the Better Excel Exporter app, which provides an actual REST API for automation purposes. It can be called from the command line.

(Disclaimer: this paid and supported app is developed by our team.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,955 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you