In JIRA portfolio how to automatic assign team members to story/tasks based on skills?

Jason August 8, 2016

In JIRA portfolio add-on, i created a plan, teams and stage with skill, the setup for team with skill is also done. Now I have 2 questions:

1. the schedule page updated after the stage/skill is setup, all the stories are in 2 stages with different color, but the sprint backlog is not changed accordingly. If this is the normal result, how the users aware of stages in the sprint backlog? 
  2. With skill assigned to different team members, the capacity can be calculated automatically. but where I can see the team member assignment by Portfolio? I didn't find it in the schedule or story/subtask detail or sprint backlog.

4 answers

1 vote
Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2016

I believe this request has all the details – https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPO-1390

0 votes
Jason August 9, 2016

In this ticket is exactly what I need. So what I am hoping for is not available yet. Bad but at least confirmed.

Thank you Steve!

0 votes
Jason August 8, 2016

thanks, and it is not easy to find smile. I got one step forward - the suggested member assignment for story in portfolio is available. Next step: the assignment is not updated to story page... Does this means we can only check the assignment in Portfolio schedule page?

0 votes
Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2016

Can you see it in Portfolio if you click the cog, show the Team field, and expand that to see Members? It's kinda hidden cheeky

Suggest an answer