In JIRA Can I make a customfield value appear as a lozenge ?

sravan321990 September 12, 2016

Hi

I just wanted to know if we could display custom fields values as Lozenges, similar to the "Status" Field in JIRA.
We like the portrayal of the filed hence would like to implement the same on custom fields as well.

Is this possible ? How ?

Thanks in advance.

--Sravan

4 answers

0 votes
Al September 10, 2017

As some of the guys have said above, using styling of the output some custom field types with AUI Lozenge is the way to go.

See also some discusison threads I've had on this topic, particularly if you want the ouptut to be programatic, e.g. SIL custom field.

Here

0 votes
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2016

Hi Sravan,

If your customfield's values are predefined(i.e. the field is of type Select, Radio, Checkbox) you can style the values as lozenges, as explained hereHere you can view a tutorial on how to create a customfield plugin with custom rendering

Regards,

Peter

0 votes
sravan321990 September 13, 2016

Hi Steven,

We are ok with customization as long as it is not too complicated.

Is there a plugin which can accomplish this functionality?

Thanks

--Sravan

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2016

There's no way to do this out-of-the-box. Are you looking to customize the field or product some way?

Suggest an answer