In JIRA Can I make a customfield value appear as a lozenge ?

Hi

I just wanted to know if we could display custom fields values as Lozenges, similar to the "Status" Field in JIRA.
We like the portrayal of the filed hence would like to implement the same on custom fields as well.

Is this possible ? How ?

Thanks in advance.

--Sravan

4 answers

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Sep 12, 2016

There's no way to do this out-of-the-box. Are you looking to customize the field or product some way?

Hi Steven,

We are ok with customization as long as it is not too complicated.

Is there a plugin which can accomplish this functionality?

Thanks

--Sravan

Hi Sravan,

If your customfield's values are predefined(i.e. the field is of type Select, Radio, Checkbox) you can style the values as lozenges, as explained hereHere you can view a tutorial on how to create a customfield plugin with custom rendering

Regards,

Peter

As some of the guys have said above, using styling of the output some custom field types with AUI Lozenge is the way to go.

See also some discusison threads I've had on this topic, particularly if you want the ouptut to be programatic, e.g. SIL custom field.

Here

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

307 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot