Importing Existing Key via CSV

Larry Miller June 14, 2017

I have a CSV file from our partner who extracted it from their Jira.  I am importing it into a cloud test version.  New keys are assigned rather than accepting the value from the import file.  What am I doing wrong.

1 answer

0 votes
Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2017

You can't import the Issue Key. It's only there so that you can update existing issues, not create new issues with the key provided from the CSV.

Thanks Steven.  Any suggestion on another option to store the old key womewhere?

Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2017

I would simply map it to External Issue Id, which should be an existing Custom Field created by the importer.

Thanks again

Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2017

No problem, happy to help out a little

Another import question.  Test file has multiple comments in separate fields.  I tried importing them with each field have the designation Comment and also tried defining each field with the label Comment 1, Comment 2, etc.  Neither seems to work,  Any ideas?

Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2017

Format should look like this: 

| Comment | Comment | Comment |
| "01/01/2012 10:10;Admin; This comment works" | "01/30/2015 19:10;username; Another comment" | "05/02/2017 01:15;developer; Three comments for luck!" | 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-csv-776636762.html#ImportingdatafromCSV-TipsforimportingCSVdataintoJIRAfields

I think I was missing the quotes.  I'll give it a try.  Thanks

Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2017

No sweat, good luck!

Suggest an answer