Import requires "Issue Type" on "Create" screen, but can't add the field. Help!

Ed Guy November 9, 2015

RE:  JIRA v6.2.7

I have exported backlog from Project A (related Epics, User Stories, Sub-tasks) to use as a template of sorts for multiple projects.  According to my documentation in order to specify "Issue Type" on import, the "Issue Type" field must be included on the "Create" screen.  My administrators are not aware of any mechanism by which they can include the "Issue Type" screen on the "Create" screen.  Please help.

If there is a more effective way of copying an Epic|Story|Sub-task structure from one project to another without additional plug-ins, add-ons or custom scripting (not an option in my environment) please share.

Have a great day!

Ed

2 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

Your administrator should check the Screen Scheme associated to the your Issue Type Screen Scheme and check if the "Issue Type" field is added in the "Create Screen". This can be viewed in the Project Administration page. 

Ed Guy November 13, 2015

Thanks for the response.  The "issue Type" field is not included in the "Create Screen".  My administrator has added other fields to the "Create Screen", but insists that it is not possible to add the "Issue Type".  Can you help me guide her?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2015

It is possible, just search "issue type" in the search field.

0 votes
Ed Guy November 13, 2015

Thanks. 

Suggest an answer