Import issue and set issuenum below project pcounter? Possible?

Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2017

With help of this

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-set-the-starting-issue-number-for-a-project-318669643.html

i have set the starting issuenumber for our new JIRA Server for each project to a specific value, lets say 10.000 . 

Now i want to import some issues from our current jira. The issuenumbers of this issues are all below 10.000.

Will there be problems when i import the issues via csv?

Or will the issues be normally inserted and accessible with the old number, but new issues will still get the new value above the 10.000 ?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2017

Volodymyr is right, it will start at the next number available.

1 vote
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2017

I am pretty sure that imported issues will get 10000+ numbers. But you better try it on some test instance or just by importing and then deleting only few issues.

Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2017

Thanks for the advice. i've made a backup of our new server and then import 10 issues ...

... and it worked. the issues i exported from our old system have issuenums 3000 - 3010 and after the import in the new system they still have the issuenums 3000 - 3010.

And new created tickets still get issuenums 10k+

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2017

So the import bypasses starting issue number. Thank you for sharing!

Suggest an answer