Import data set from cvs ms project J

Elizabeth Sierraalta July 1, 2016

Hi

I'm importing data set from cvs of ms project and have the mistakes with fields:

1) The date start and end of MS project isn't same in jira.

2) Durations of issue isn't calculated

3) % of completion hasn't field in jira

4) which field are predecessor and successor in jira?

My url demo https://consisint.atlassian.net and I'm using jira core.

Can you help me!, Thank you.

Elizabeth Sierraalta

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2016

Ok,

1) What are you using for start and end date in JIRA

2) How have you set up JIRA to do the calculations?

3) What are you using for %complete?  (Did you import some form of estimate and worklog data?)

4) I don't know what you mean by predecessor and successor here?

My archive csv is 

Id Número1 Texto1 Nombre Duración Predecesoras Sucesoras Comienzo Fin
1 0 Task ADENDA 12 30,93d 27/06/16 08/08/16
2 0 Task CONFIGURACION PRODUCTO IEG CON DEVOLUCION 30d 27/06/16 05/08/16
3 2 Sub-task Configuración producto nuevo: IEG con devolucion, configuracion Basica, forma de pago directo y TC, interfaces 15d 5 27/06/16 15/07/16
4 2 Sub-task Forma de pago directo y TC, Interfaces 20d 27/06/16 22/07/16
5 2 Sub-task Configuración productos nuevos: IEG con devolución, configuración Reserva, forma de pago directo y TC, interfaces 5d 3 6,7 18/07/16 22/07/16
6 2 Sub-task Configuración producto nuevo: IEG con devolución, forma de pago por tramas 10d 5 25/07/16 05/08/16
7 2 Sub-task Forma de pago tramas 10d 5 25/07/16 05/08/16
8 0 Task RESERVAS MATEMATICAS Y REASEGURO VIDA PRESTAMO SEGURO 20d 27/06/16 22/07/16
9 8 Sub-task Workshop, area actuarial, revisión Reserva producto 5d 27/06/16 01/07/16
10 8 Sub-task Configuracion de Reservas Matematicas Vida Temporal Total, flujos, pruebas, ajustes y certificación 15d 11,12 27/06/16 15/07/16
11 8 Sub-task configuración Reaseguro y certificación 5d 10 18/07/16 22/07/16
12 8 Sub-task Pase a produccion de Vida prestamo seguro, V12.9_worksiteRimac 5d 10 18/07/16 22/07/16
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2016

Ok, but how are you mapping the fields on import?

image2016-7-1 18:41:27.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2016

That looks fine, so back to the four questions I asked before - could you explain those?

Elizabeth Sierraalta July 4, 2016

Hi, thank you for attentions. Attached responses:

1)    What are you using for start and end date in JIRA

In jira, I’m using Created date(start date) and Due Date(end date). I’m taking field Date format: dd/MM/yy and also has a field named “duration” que is calculated in days but jira hasn't Original Estimate (in seconds).

Important, in ms project is using activity programming  and dates are estimate  of r automatic manner. If I’m importing, how i could do for Created date(start date) and Due Date(end date) to take real value.

I can give a user for see my case.

2) How have you set up JIRA to do the calculations?

For example, I have set data what separated for \t

Id (field jira Issue Id)=10

Número1(field jira Parent Id)=8

Texto1 (field jira Issue Type)= Sub-task

Nombre (field jira Summary)= Configuracion de Reservas Matematicas Vida Temporal Total, flujos, pruebas, ajustes y certificación

Duración(field jira Original Estimate) =15d

Predecesoras(field jira link relates… previous task that restricts) =11

Sucesoras (field jira link blocks… task that follows) =12

Comienzo(Created date) =27/06/16

Fin(Due Date)=15/07/16

But in the import isn't take the durations in activities

3) What are you using for %complete?  (Did you import some form of estimate and worklog data?)

I could not do it.. i not know which field of jira can do

4) I don't know what you mean by predecessor and successor here?

Predecessor is a field that linked previous task that restricts, for example A is predecessor to B and link is A->B

Successor is a task that is restricted for who is the task that follows, for example B is successor to A and link is A->B

Not all activities have restrictions like this, but if they have who is a parent or child task

Regards wink

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 4, 2016

1) I don't think created date is appropriate for this - it's actually the date a user enters the issue into JIRA, so in the future, it's not going to make a lot of sense.

JIRA doesn't really have a duration either.  The estimate fields are for estimating how long something will take, in actual time, not duration, and then they incorporate any work logged on it.  If you need the difference between two dates, you'll need to find/write some code to work it out and display it.

2) That implies you are calculating outside JIRA, is that correct?

3) The estimate fields can give you a %complete, but it is based on the estimates and worklogs, not elapsed time.

4) JIRA doesn't have that - issues are independent.  You can link them to show some form of structure, but it won't do anything for you.

Elizabeth Sierraalta July 4, 2016

2) That implies you are calculating outside JIRA, is that correct?

yes, but my idea is that project planning to be with MS Project  and then the execution and monitoring with jira. 

I'm looking for the estimated duration must be taken Importancion file

Elizabeth Sierraalta July 6, 2016

Hi!

I'm reading some forums and found that can facilitate the import with add-ons Ceptah Bridge “connector imports and synchronises JIRA issues with Microsoft Project”, url https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.ceptah.mspjirabridge/cloud/overview.

Do you know this add-on???

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events