Import Epic and Stories from CSV

Homero Fonseca January 16, 2017

I am about to import Epic and associated Stories from CSV file. 

Still struggling to find out which fields and possible/valid values I can use into CSV file.

Currently my CSV file has the columns described bellow, plus two lines of example.

"Issue Id","Parent Id","Summary","Assignee","Reporter","Issue Type","Status Id","Label","Label","Label","Label","Description","Priority","Epic","Subtask Issue Type"

"XIS-3",,"loremloremloremlorem","john.doe","jack.dude","Epic","To Do","ACME","NEW_ACME",,,"muóuómuómuómuómuó",1,"Requirements for new ACME",

,"XIS-3","Storie 1","john.doe","jack.dude","Story","To Do","ACME","NEW_ACME","Workstation","Security","muómuómuómuómuómuómuó",1,"Story"

The field "Subtask Issue Type" is included because the "External System Import - JIRA" reports this field is needed. Nevertheless I have no reference about this field, plus, how to map it on the "Map Fields" page.

The source field ("Subtask Issue Type") is listed but I have no reference which field it must be mapped/related and the closest item in the list is "Issue Type" which is already in use to receive "Issue Type".

If I try to import disregarding this field, the tool complains that there is no "Subtask Issue Type", and will not use Parent Id.

Please, share a full example on how to create CSV to map epic and stories.

1 answer

0 votes
Mark H_ Williams February 13, 2017

Hello @Homero Fonseca,

We're trying to import data from VersionOne and are running into a similar issue. Have you figured out how to do this?

Suggest an answer