If we have Jira Software, do we automatically have Jira Core?

Elaine_Reece December 13, 2018

We currently have Jira Software for server version 7.9.2 (upgrading soon).

I want our business projects to have simple boards and I think Jira Core does that, but do you get Core automatically with your Jira Software licenses or is that completely separate licensing?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2018

Yes.

I usually think of the server as "Software is an application that runs on top of  Core", and the licences as "A Software user (and JSD Agent) gets a Core licence as part of their main licence"

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2018

Hi @Elaine_Reece

Jira software and service desk are built on top of Jira Core so it already installed under your licence.

you are able to design your own workflows to support boards to suit your users

So I have Jira Software Server which means I have Jira Core Server as well?

I'm confused between your response and @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-'s response.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2018

You must have Core.  Software is something that runs on top of Core, it can't run without it.

Hmm ok. I just don't see the simple boards when I create business projects. They don't need all the software related things like releases and links BitBucket. I can create a board and relate it to a business project via a link under project shortcuts but that's not as nice having the board icon under Summary.

Suggest an answer