If no issues are created in a project for more than 4 weeks notify particular user

Krithica July 20, 2017

Hi,

I need to know how to notify an user if no issues are created in a project for more than 4 weeks.

I tried to use subscription filter. Like if there are no created dates in these 4 weeks then notify.

I used the below jql query as filter. 

project = "project" and issuetype = "issuetype"  AND  NOT (created > startOfWeek(-4w) and created< now())

This fetches no results . If this is true that is if there are no issues in this 4 weeks how can i notify the users.

Please suggest solutions on how to solve this. Also any other methods to acheive this requirement.

Thanks,

Krithica

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2017

It's very hard to search for something that is not there.

A subscription is the closest you'll get, but your users will need to know that "this subscription with 0 results means the project is empty" and "if it has results, you can ignore it"

There isn't another way I can think of doing this without code.

Code idea, although not the only way to do it - have a project with one issue per project and a scripted field that returns the number of issues in the named project, and the date the project was created.  Then you can subscribe to "Project = projllist and project-issue-count < 1 and date-project-created < -4w"

Suggest an answer