If component chosen upon initial recording, let the record saver seen as the leader of the component not the one who recorded. How can I do that?

Alper October 7, 2015

If component chosen upon initial recording, let the record saver seen as the leader of the component not the one who recorded. How can I do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2015

The question is very unclear - it's written in language that might have specific meanings in JIRA and it's hard to see what you are really asking.

However, from what you've said, I think what you are asking for is:

• A user creates an issue, selecting a component.
  • When they create this issue, you want the reporter to be set to the component lead rather than the person who, well, reported the issue.

Is that right?  If so, then you'll need code.  It's not a natural thing to do, so you can't do it natively, you'll need a post-function to read the component lead and change the reporter.  (Note that it's perfectly natural to set the assignee to the component lead - they're in charge, they should deal with the issue - and JIRA supports that off-the-shelf.  But not reporter)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events