If I have JIRA SW does JIRA Core provide anything more?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2016

So we use JSW and also JSD w/in my company. My finance department was poking around and reading up on Core and felt it would be of value to them. I did a bit or reading on this but it is unclear if there is really any value beyond what JSW provides. It is clear that there are nice project management workflows that come w/ Core but I would expect I can replicate in JSW.

The folks that would use Core are already part of JSW licensing. Does anyone have experience w/ Core that can share their thoughts on why I may want to spend more money

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henri Volk _amily_ January 20, 2017

Hi Jack,

"JIRA Software" is now what was called "JIRA" before but now already including the former "JIRA Agile" plugin. A combination I had used before, so I queried as well Atlassian support some weeks before:

You are correct - JIRA Agile has been compiled into JIRA Software. We now have JIRA Software and JIRA Core depending on what you're looking for. JIRA Software is designed specifically for software teams and provides best-in-class agile tooling, with default best practices, deep developer tool integrations, and a focused project experience for your entire team. The functions of JIRA Agile have been integrated into this offering." <<

So "Core" is really the basic package, while "Software" includes all the agile/scrum development stuff on top (therefore higher priced)

Hope this helps

Best

Henri

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2017

agree. the one difference i noted when i was looking at this before was that Core 'seemed' to provide some different built in project type templates (HR, Finance, etc) which would be nice if they were part of JSW. While they can be replicated in JSW that is extra work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events