• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Core
  • Questions
  • I would like to use the character ":" instead of character "," as separator in the import/export process. Could be configured in Jira Cloud?

I would like to use the character ":" instead of character "," as separator in the import/export process. Could be configured in Jira Cloud?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Importing data from CSV

I'm a Spanish user. I've used usually ; character instead of "," When I download to a file using csv format (Excel) the result is that no columns is recognized.

Of course, a solution could be to change Excel conf and other tools to recognize automatically the JIRA separator character. laugh . But this affect other tools and user, this is not possible.

Any comment is welcome.

I'm an admin  of JIRA Cloud

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

Well the import seperator can be configured running the CSV file import wizard. You can specify that character in the CSV Delimiter field.

Dear Ales

Thanks for your quick response. I will try to use this property when imports files.

Do you know how  and where i could configure the CSV delimiters for Exports.

Thnaks in advance

Hi Pedro,

Did you find any info about the export process?, I'm facing the same issue after upgrade to version 7.2, export to excel is now deprecated :(

We found a workaround to re-enable the excel export: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-62115

• Stop JIRA instance
  • Navigate to $jirahome folder
  • Create jira-config.properties file if the file is not available in your $jirahome
  • Add jira.export.excel.enabled=true and save the file
  • Restart JIRA and test using excel export feature.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

564 views 2 15
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot