I would like to use the character ":" instead of character "," as separator in the import/export process. Could be configured in Jira Cloud?

Pedro Jiménez August 11, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Importing data from CSV

I'm a Spanish user. I've used usually ; character instead of "," When I download to a file using csv format (Excel) the result is that no columns is recognized.

Of course, a solution could be to change Excel conf and other tools to recognize automatically the JIRA separator character. laugh . But this affect other tools and user, this is not possible.

Any comment is welcome.

I'm an admin  of JIRA Cloud

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcel Woschek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2016

Well the import seperator can be configured running the CSV file import wizard. You can specify that character in the CSV Delimiter field.

Pedro Jiménez August 11, 2016

Dear Ales

Thanks for your quick response. I will try to use this property when imports files.

Do you know how  and where i could configure the CSV delimiters for Exports.

Thnaks in advance

Alvaro Chandia October 12, 2016

Hi Pedro,

Did you find any info about the export process?, I'm facing the same issue after upgrade to version 7.2, export to excel is now deprecated :(

Alvaro Chandia October 14, 2016

We found a workaround to re-enable the excel export: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-62115

• Stop JIRA instance
  • Navigate to $jirahome folder
  • Create jira-config.properties file if the file is not available in your $jirahome
  • Add jira.export.excel.enabled=true and save the file
  • Restart JIRA and test using excel export feature.

Suggest an answer