I would like to restrict the creation of an issue to only a subset of the issue type scheme for the users

Christian Renz July 13, 2016

I have following use case I would like to implement.

I a service desk scenario (without using JIRA Service Desk) the user should only create issues i.e. like Interaction, Question, etc. pp.

Bugs and Change Request should be only generated by the 1st Level Team (by using a post transition function to create a new issue in a different workflow but in the same project).

But in my current configuration I can't find an option how I can prevent that a user also picks Bug or Change Request in the creation screen.

Any ideas how I can solve this problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2016

There's no way to do this natively - if a user can create an issue in a project, they can create any type.

You can do a slightly ugly trick of making some issue types fail validation, but that irritates users because they put their data in only to be told they're going to lose it all.

Your best bet is an add-on that can restrict it.  There's a few around I think, but I've only ever seen it done with Behaviours (now part of the Script Runner).  I'm not aware of any that the users can't bypass if they feel like it though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events