I wish I could drag and drop sub-tasks from one story to another on scrum board

Nik Edmiidz September 12, 2016

I wish I could drag and drop sub-tasks from one story to another on scrum board.  Moving sub-tasks between parent stories is so time-consuming.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2016

You can request for an enhancement but there are so many scenarios to think of. For example, the issues on the board could belong to different projects and can have different workflows, fields, subtask types etc!

Nik Edmiidz September 13, 2016

How does the existing MoveSubTaskParent handle such issues?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2016

It prompts the users to do additional things like map status, fill in required fields etc. Can be prompted on drag and drop too but it needs more effort and might come in the way of prioritization. I would still raise it as a feature.

Nik Edmiidz September 13, 2016

I'd still like to see it.  I hope you guys can figure out the details. Thanks for your consideration of this.

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2016

I do not work for Atlassian. This is a user forum. You might want to raise a feature request at jira.atlassian.com.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events