I was wondering, is there a way in Jira to make a templated case with pre-set subtasks. So we can choose a certain project type or task type and it automatically creates certain subtasks

Eda Prasad October 14, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2016

There's two questions here.

For "template projects", you could write an add-on that provides a project template and embed code in that to automatically create a set of issues.

For "template issues", you could find or write an add-on that provides a post-function that can create issues, and tag it into the create issue process (I'd do it in script runner, but there are a number of add-ons in the market place that might be easier if you don't want to do the scripts)

Eda Prasad October 17, 2016

Hi Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Thanks for your reply i have Groovy Runner(Script runner plugin for Atlassian JIRA). add-on so could you please let me know the process how to do with Script runner plugin.

Am not much familiar in scripting. So i will go ahead with the add-on so please let me know the process.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2016

Ok, decide where in your process you want the issues to be created ("create" from what you've said I think), go to edit the workflow and find the "create" transition.  On there, add a post-function and select the scripted functions.  There is a built-in "create subtask" script you can use there!

Eda Prasad October 17, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Thank you!

Could you please let me know the scripting process as well. So that in feature it may help to me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2016

I think you need to look at what I said before in your system.  You'll find a place to write your script when you do that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events