I was to see issues ordered by assignee .

Smriti Baghel March 3, 2017

I'm using the filter : project = "pwc" AND status = open Order By assignee

But it does not order by assignee name

3 answers

0 votes
Aditya Kumar March 6, 2017

In spite of using "ordered" by assignee you can use this

project = "XYZ" AND status = open AND assignee in("assignee username") order by created/updated DESC/ASC

This works for me.

created/updated and DESC/ASC are your options

Aditya Kumar March 7, 2017

Try this smile

project = "XYZ" AND status = open AND reporter in("User name") order by assignee ASC/DESC

Like Chris Komaroff likes this
Smriti Baghel March 7, 2017

Tried this

project = "ABC" and status !=Closed ORDER BY assignee DESC

this doesn't order .. the list remains the same

Like # people like this
Aditya Kumar March 9, 2017

You need to mention your assignee list also.

Try this...

Project = "XYZ" AND assignee in("A, B, C") AND status !=Closed ORDER BY assignee DESC

It will give you the tickets as per the assignee name in alphabetical descending order

0 votes
Smriti Baghel March 6, 2017

I fine with ordering by usernames. But order by doesn't seem to work .. Filtering using the above filter doesn't change order by usernames

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2017

that filter order the issues according to the assignee users name i think.

if you need to order by the assignee real name i think that you need a plugin

Smriti Baghel March 6, 2017

I fine with ordering by usernames. But order by doesn't seem to work .. Filtering using the above filter doesn't change order by usernames

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2017

did you try with a reindex? are you using cloud or server?

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2017

It should not matter in this case, and a reindex is unlikely to change anything. The system assignee field has a searcher hardcoded for it. The indexing is done on the user id (jsmith) not the username (John Smith) I believe

./jira-project/jira-components/jira-core/src/main/java/com/atlassian/jira/issue/fields/AssigneeSystemField.java

and parent classes

Suggest an answer