I want to make Fix Version/s uneditable until you reach the implemented stage

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2016

Hi all,

We are using Fix Version/s for the version in which the issue was resolved.   I created another field called Targeted Fix version for the targeted versions.  This was done for statistic tracking purposes to get a clear separation of the targeted verse actual fix version.  

However, since we just implemented this new policy people are still using fix version/s for both.  Can I make fix version uneditable until you get to the implemented status?

The only way I could think of is to remove it from the edit screen.  Add it to the transition screen to implemented, then for each state after that add a transition to itself called "Change Fix Version/s".  Having a transition just to change a field is messy to me, and I was hoping for a better way.

Thanks in advance!

Robert

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2016

Script Runner (Behaviours) is your best friend

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2016

I have script runner and can script I am just not sure how to allow or disallow a field to be set.

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2016

Go to JIRA Administration - Add-ons and find Behaviours on the left.

Add Behavior (give it a name) - and click Field link

On the bottom choose your field from select list  and click Add

Once you've added Fix Version/s you should see its configuration, press Readonly

Enable Validator Plugin (on that page) and choose the Guide workflow

Add Condition for that field and choose Workflow step (or you can use groovy script here by clicking Add serverside script)

Once you completed, return to Behaviours and add mapping.

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2016

Wow!  I have not even seen Behaviors before (we were on the old free version, but are upgrading to 7.2 so I just upgraded it)!   Feel the power smile   Thank you, this is awesome!!! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events