• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I want to create a custom field that has picklist values that are the same as the assignee field. How can I get the values to get autogenerated and clone what shows up for assignee field?

I want to create a custom field that has picklist values that are the same as the assignee field. How can I get the values to get autogenerated and clone what shows up for assignee field?

Esther Kim October 24, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2016

You can configure standard user-picker fields to follow similar rules as the assignee field does.  Create one and have a look at the configuration after its been created - you should find a way to set up some rules.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-a-custom-field-776636423.html#Configuringacustomfield-Howtofilterusersforuserpickerfields

Esther Kim October 24, 2016

when I go to the following

Find the custom field you want to configure and click  > Configure Edit Options Edit User Filtering.

I do not see a "Edit User Filtering" option under Edit Options. 
I can only add values manually, no way to set up any rules. How do I find this Edit User Filtering?

I created a custom field called QA Assignee that is a picklist type. I want to be able to pull the same values that are available under the default assignee field as options to set under QA Assignee as well. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2016

It must be a user picker, not a select list or other type of field.

Suggest an answer