I want Simple Check List in Comments of Issue Pages

Yasunori Ikeda September 18, 2016

Hi there,

I'd like to ask a new feature in Comments of Issue Pages.

What I want to have is a Simple Check List feature in comments. Very simple one is enough. I don't require too much.

The feature would look like, for example, a check box that can be checked and unchecked. In html, it would look like the following code.

<input type="checkbox">Maintenance Documents<br/>
<input type="checkbox">Announce the Release<br/>
<input type="checkbox">Send Release Request<br/>

Then, when user check on the checkbox on the comment, the comment will be updated as the item on the check list is checked. Speaking in html, it would be updated as below.

<input type="checkbox" checked>Maintenance Documents<br/>
<input type="checkbox">Announce the Release<br/>
<input type="checkbox">Send Release Request<br/>

How's it? I think it is pretty much easy to implement.

To use icons available now is one way to do it (e.g. tick cross minus), but I'm just too lazy to open edit and find the edit point only in order to update one item in a check list.

Again, I don't require too much. I don't require any integration with other functionality in JIRA. Just I'd like to have a simple check list that looks nice and is easy to update.

Hope you would take it positively.

Regards,

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2016

Check-boxes in text doesn't really add a lot.  A comment is supposed to be part of a conversation about the issue.  Check-boxes are far more useful as issue data, and you can do them with the standard check-box field.

Yasunori Ikeda September 18, 2016

Standard check-box Field is too much for my use case. My company consists of many teams but our JIRA administrators does not like to have Issue Type for each team. This seems for keeping the development process standardize to some extent. Therefore, adding field could annoy people in the other teams, and thus not easy to be accepted to do so by the administrators.

That's why I emphasized on Simplicity. We're requiring simple, flexible, temporal use of check-box which would be just a part of a single comment.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2016

Ok, but I'd still say checkboxes in comments are pretty useless.  Creating a simple table with the tick cross notation is just as useful and already works, so I very much doubt you'll ever see Atlassian add them to comments.  You could raise it at https://jira.atlassian.com and see what they say.

Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2016

jira.atlassian.com is the right place to raise feature requests but I would recommend browsing marketplace.atlassian.com and trying to see if there is a Cloud add-on that meets your needs.

Yasunori Ikeda September 19, 2016

Thank you for your advice. I'll reconsider it and would raise it there if I still think it's useful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events