I want HIDE a particular issue that I have created in the project

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2018

Hi,

I have an Security project in Jira the project is used by multiple groups  so I have some Sensitive issue that i don't want to View that Sensitive issues for other Users/Groups . So I want a Hide( Button/Check mark or any-other) on my issue Create/Edit screen to Hide  that particular Issue that i have created. If I select  that Option that issue was able to View for only for Reporter,Assignee and the Group that i have assigned in the Issue.

Is that Possible to do that If it is Can any one suggests me please and  do let me know.

Thanks,

Phani 

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2018

Hi @Kumar,

You should use issue security in your project with that you will be able to get what you are looking for. Please click here to get your self familiar on how to do it.

Best of luck!

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2018

Hi @Fadoua

I already created the Issue Security scheme what it is doing means by default its hiding the issue that created by other groups also so  if i created an hide  option in the on screen so I can hide only that Issue that I want.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2018

@Kumarthat I am not sure about, it sounds like you want to add a button called hide or show on your issue which I am not sure it is feasible. You are trying to customize the issue view.

Let me reach out to other champions and see who can help or have a suggestion

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2018

@Fadoua  Thank You 

Deleted user September 7, 2018

Hi @Kumar,

To make a tailored suggestion I am going to need to why you require a "hide function" for issues on the creation screen? How would you use this function and what is the use case?

Thanks

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2018

@Fadoua The Issue Security Scheme that i have configured   I assigned to my project so now whoever creating a new issue by other Groups in the project is only view by Assigne, reporter, And the Group that assigned In that Issue.

So what I'm asking means if I had a Hide button on Screen if anybody from any group members if they want don't want see that Sensitive Issue if they click on Hide that particular issue was NOT View by Others. The rest of the issues which is not Sensitive can able to VIEW for all Thats what I need @Fadoua 

I Hope now you got what exactly I'm requesting 

Thanks

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2018

Hey @Kumar

You can add multiple users User/Group/Project Role to Issue Security Level. Click add, add the item, save, add again until all user items you need have permission.

default sets a security level for al newly created issues. Be careful with default, since you could shut out some users from new issues if the Security Level ist too strict.

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 17.02.13.png

You will not have a "hide button" but you will be able to change the security level on the issues, and effectively hide the issue with this from users. You can also have the Security Level Screen on the creation screen.

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 17.13.54.png

Be sure you have Set Issue Security in the project, else you will not be able to set the Security Level. Only user with Set Issue Security can change the level and "hide" issues.

All details can be found in the Documentation @Fadoua linked you I hope this helps.

Cheers
Niklas

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2018

Also take a peek at this article by the amazing @Angélica Luz! What you're asking for is a "mostly open" project and the article describes a "mostly closed" one, but it's a really interesting approach to not using Issue Security if you don't want.

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2018

@Sloan N_ B_ Thank You its worked I have tried as you suggested.

Thanks you so much to all..!!

Regards,

Phani

Suggest an answer