• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I've mooved a task to another Project with the same tasktype. The other project have the same workflow. But now the moved Task provide no buttons to trigger the workflow. What's wrong?

I've mooved a task to another Project with the same tasktype. The other project have the same workflow. But now the moved Task provide no buttons to trigger the workflow. What's wrong?

Elmar Hirt July 15, 2016

2 answers

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2016

Your user is likely to lack the 'Transition Issues' permission on the second project.

Check that your user has been added to a project role which is being granted such a permission in the underlying Permission Scheme.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2016

Maybe it is using a different permission scheme? Or has different users in the project roles?

Your workflow might be using project roles or permissions in workflow conditions.

Deleted user July 15, 2016

Good call Jobin!

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2016

smile

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2016

I do wish there was a way to show admins why a transition is not shown in an issue. A "where's my button?" feature

Suggest an answer