I've created a Role (Designers) & added a user. Why cant i assign issues to the Role?

Adrian Pottier December 22, 2016

Hi

I've created a Role (Designers) & added 2 users. When i go back to my project and raise a new issue, why cant I assign a new issue to the Designer Role?

What steps do I need to take to have the "Designer" role available to assign issues I create to? Do i need to associate the role to my projects workflow or something? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2016

Check the permission scheme for the project.

It needs to say "assignable user: role (designers)"

Adrian Pottier December 22, 2016

Thanks Nic

Followed instruction but alas, it still doesn't work, there must be something else i'm missing. I've tried to create a new permissions scheme but someones actually deleted my Test Project.  Cheers anyway!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2016

I'm not sure why it wouldn't seem to work.  You have a new role (which will still be there, even if your project has been killed off).  Set up the permission scheme with the setting, then apply it to a project (you can easily swap it back to the old scheme if you don't want this to be a permanent change).

Then put a user in that role and see if you can assign the issue to them.  You should find you can.

Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2016

You have to update your permission scheme and add your new role (Designers) to the Assignable User.

Regards, Aylin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events