I need to reload page to see anything with JIRA

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2017

nearly every second time i go to a JIRA site, I need to press reload, so that the browser show me the content

Doesn't matter if I enter the URL directly or come from another JIRA site (via link)

Using JIRA (v6.4.14) on Windows with a PostgreSQL Server

1 answer

0 votes
Tansu Kahyaoglu February 6, 2017

Hi Norbert,

Have you tried another browser? If so and it works for another browser, clean your regular browser's cache

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2017

Its not only on my computer, but also on computer of my colleagues. Also we tried it with chrome/firefox (and different version of the browser) also on different plattforms (linux and windows)

Everytime the same behavior.  If i check the "received" html code in the browser
its an empty site, only HTML header and an empty body

Tansu Kahyaoglu February 7, 2017

Does your JIRA work behind Apache or nginx? Can you try reach JIRA without any proxy/Apache/nginx from server (ie localhost:8080/jira or IPADDRESS:PORT)

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2017

nope

its started "standalone"
I always had the Problems (starting with JIRA 5.x), but it was very rare..
But since I upgraded it happens more often. also much more often for the colleagues.

Tansu Kahyaoglu February 7, 2017

Have you investigated catalina.out and/or atlassian-jira.log files. Do they have any exception such as "Incompatible magic value 0 in class file"

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2017

I'm using windows
I checked all files in the atlassian_jira_bin_folder/logs

and i found nothing

The only exception I found in the log files is

SCHWERWIEGEND: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot create a session after the response has been committed
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.doGetSession(Request.java:2934)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getSession(Request.java:2310)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getSession(RequestFacade.java:897)

Suggest an answer