I need to reload page to see anything with JIRA

nearly every second time i go to a JIRA site, I need to press reload, so that the browser show me the content

Doesn't matter if I enter the URL directly or come from another JIRA site (via link)

Using JIRA (v6.4.14) on Windows with a PostgreSQL Server

1 answer

Hi Norbert,

Have you tried another browser? If so and it works for another browser, clean your regular browser's cache

Its not only on my computer, but also on computer of my colleagues. Also we tried it with chrome/firefox (and different version of the browser) also on different plattforms (linux and windows)

Everytime the same behavior.  If i check the "received" html code in the browser
its an empty site, only HTML header and an empty body

Does your JIRA work behind Apache or nginx? Can you try reach JIRA without any proxy/Apache/nginx from server (ie localhost:8080/jira or IPADDRESS:PORT)

nope

its started "standalone"
I always had the Problems (starting with JIRA 5.x), but it was very rare..
But since I upgraded it happens more often. also much more often for the colleagues.

Have you investigated catalina.out and/or atlassian-jira.log files. Do they have any exception such as "Incompatible magic value 0 in class file"

I'm using windows
I checked all files in the atlassian_jira_bin_folder/logs

and i found nothing

The only exception I found in the log files is

SCHWERWIEGEND: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot create a session after the response has been committed
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.doGetSession(Request.java:2934)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getSession(Request.java:2310)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getSession(RequestFacade.java:897)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

119 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you