I need data closed between Fridays. How do I use EndOfWeek() and StartOfWeek() functions?

Darya_Koyfman September 2, 2016

I send reports on Fridays. So, I need to retrieve issues closed after last Friday and the Friday I send the report. I tried to play with EndOfWeek() and StartOfWeek() functions but I'm afraid I am missing something. The output is not correct.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2016

What query did you try?

status changed to closed after startOfWeek(-1) before endOfWeek(-1)

will get you issues where status was changed to closed between last Sat morning and this Sat morning. I went for Sat morning because you need to omit last Friday but include this one. Does that wok for you?

You can tweak the duration as you wish.

Hi Jobin,

Thank you for your help!

I used different combinations of these functions and +/- of days and weeks and got completely confused. Your query works if I change second minus to plus: 

project = "TEST PROJECT" AND status changed to closed after startOfWeek(-1) before endOfWeek(1)

This one retrieved the right data. 

Thanks again,

Darya.

0 votes
Lorenzo Bueno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2016

Hello Darya, 

Perhaps this link can help you with what you need:

I Hope this helps!

Thank you Lorenzo!

Suggest an answer