I'm unable to get my users to connect via LDAP

Jorge Perez June 6, 2016

I've set up LDAP, but when I create a user it's unable to use their windows login.

5 answers

0 votes
Jorge Perez June 6, 2016

Already have. We the same LDAP service for other application and works fine.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

Give this doc a look:

LDAP Error Code 1

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

Hey Jorge!

Some questions:

• When you're logged into JIRA, can you find the user in question via Cog Icon -> User Management
  • When you added the LDAP server, were you able to successfully connect to it?  Are you able to manually perform a sync?
  • Is the LDAP server the first server in your User Directory list?  JIRA checks directories from the top down.
  • Are the groups that the LDAP users belong to have login rights for JIRA?

Check those out and let me know what you find!

Thanks!

Jorge Perez June 6, 2016
  1. Yes
  2. Yes/Yes
  3. Yes
  4. I've tried both with a user that  is part of the JIRA internal directory and newly created users using only the LDAP connection.
0 votes
Jorge Perez June 6, 2016

getting the following error according to Log Analyzer:

2014-05-20 10:47:15,673 QuartzScheduler_Worker-2 ERROR ServiceRunner [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingDirectoryPoller] Error occurred while refreshing the cache for directory [ 10200 ].

com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: org.springframework.ldap.UncategorizedLdapException: Uncategorized exception occured during LDAP processing; nested exception is javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C0906E8, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v1db1]; remaining name 'ou=aquaman,dc=avengers,dc=com'

at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.UsnChangedCacheRefresher.synchroniseAllUsers(UsnChangedCacheRefresher.java:166)

at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.AbstractCacheRefresher.synchroniseAll(AbstractCacheRefresher.java:78)

at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.UsnChangedCacheRefresher.synchroniseAll(UsnChangedCacheRefresher.java:126)

at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory.synchroniseCache(DbCachingRemoteDirectory.java:1014)

at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectorySynchroniserImpl.synchronise(DirectorySynchroniserImpl.java:75)

Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C0906E8, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v1db1]; remaining name 'ou=aquaman,dc=avengers,dc=com'

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.searchAux(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_search(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_search(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.search(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.springframework.ldap.transaction.compensating.manager.TransactionAwareDirContextInvocationHandler.invoke(TransactionAwareDirContextInvocationHandler.java:92)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy2798.search(Unknown Source)

at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate$3.executeSearch(LdapTemplate.java:231)

at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:293)

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2016

What error message do you get when you use the Test Settings feature in the user directory config page? It's unlikely anyone could help you unless you add a bit of details. There could be several possible explanations: firewall, network issues, permissions issues.

Jorge Perez June 6, 2016

I'm not familiar with the "Test Settings" features. All the connections are there, it's just when I try to connect in the front end it's doesn't even record the failed attempts.

Suggest an answer