• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Jira Core Server
  • Questions
  • I loaded trial version, seemingly well installed. When I try to update data on issues I get "Error: Cannot update issue PIT283-1 Field 'Time Tracking(timetracking)' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown. Please ensure, that you "

I loaded trial version, seemingly well installed. When I try to update data on issues I get "Error: Cannot update issue PIT283-1 Field 'Time Tracking(timetracking)' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown. Please ensure, that you "

yahali October 24, 2015

I loaded trial version, seemingly well installed. When I try to update data on issues I get "Error: Cannot update issue PIT283-1 Field 'Time Tracking(timetracking)' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.  Please ensure, that you can edit this field(s) using JIRA natively (let your JIRA administrator check permissions and edit screens)."

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2015

That error usually only occurs on REST updates, although it does happen in some other cases.

The error message is accurate though - how ever you are trying to do the update, you are trying to edit the issue, set time tracking data, and you have not got the time-tracking field on the relevant screen.

Check the "issue type screen scheme" for the project - that tells you what "screen schemes" are used for each issue type.  Descend into the one you are having problems with, and then look at the screen set for "edit".  You will find it does not have "time tracking" - if you're an admin, add it and try again.

Roadmunk October 24, 2015

Yahali

As Nick proposed, you need to understand the way JIRA configuration works, in order to understand the error source.

The screen used in the project you are working with, needs the addition of time tracking fields

Let me know if you need additional assistance

Itamar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events