I imported issues from another Jira to archive, it created users. How do I delete?

Ruth Norton July 24, 2017

I needed to import a csv file of issues as an archive, from a project we are inheriting from another team.  When I did the import, it auto-created all of the users and now it's taking up a lot of licenses (hundreds).  How do I delete these users? There is no way for me to sort and no way for me to bulk deactivate/delete.  Help!

1 answer

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2017

Ruthanne - try to bulk edit the membership of the jira-users or another group related to your licensing/JIRA application access first so that you remove the freshly created users from it. Hope that helps?

Cheers

Christoph

Ruth Norton July 25, 2017

Thanks Chris!  I don't see a way that I can bulk edit memberships under user management (I am admin). Where can I see bulk edit?  I don't see a way to sort by created date, either.

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2017

You're welcome! Go to groups and then click edit group members for the jira-users group. 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Suggest an answer