• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I have three columns 'To Do',In progress, Done in a project 'test123'. and I have statuses a,b,c,d,e,f. I want to divide the statuses within the columns and display the names of the statuses under the column name.

I have three columns 'To Do',In progress, Done in a project 'test123'. and I have statuses a,b,c,d,e,f. I want to divide the statuses within the columns and display the names of the statuses under the column name.

rao4533 September 12, 2016

For example

________________________________________________________________________________

To Do                           |               In progress                    |            Done

_________________________________________________________________________________

a        I          b                   |               c      I      d                     |        e    I     f

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2016

I don't think that's what Adi4533 is looking for. (correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption)

If you have a column 'To Do' and maps statuses "Open" and "Stalled", can JIRA display the status names "Open" and "Stalled" in the column header, in addition to the column name? 

I think this has been answered before and it can't be done without serious hacking in javaScript?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2016

I think you're right, I read it differently, but it makes more sense on re-reading.

It's not possible, as you say.  Or rather the javascript is very complex and breaks in interesting ways (and you can't drag between the columns it renders).

A better solution is to simply split your columns with the same names as the status.  (Then think about much more simple hacks to add a title)

0 votes

Sten, you got me right.

Thanks for both of you Sten and Nic. Your answers addressed my question.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2016

Go to the board configuration and then "columns" and put the status you want to map into the right columns.

Thank You.

Suggest an answer