Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I have no more admin access to JIRA, the only enabed admin account comes from Crowd

I want to upgrade my JIRA 6.1.3 local hosted server instance to the newest version. However, before proceeding with the upgrade, I need to solve an issue with administration of the instance. I had it set up, such that authentication happens through Crowd. The only account with admin rights currently enabled is authenticated by Crowd, i.e. I disabled the local admin account. After a necessary change in IP for the VM that runs JIRA and Crowd (run on same VM), all Crowd accounts can log in for normal use, including the Crowd admin account. However, when entering the admin sections of JIRA, at re-authentication for admin with the Crowd admin account, an error occurs, see partial dump below. This effectively leaves me locked out of JIRA admin to update license or anything else. How to resolve this deadlock?

com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException
	at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.convertOperationFailedException(CrowdServiceImpl.java:915)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.authenticate(CrowdServiceImpl.java:80)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.DelegatingCrowdService.authenticate(DelegatingCrowdService.java:35)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.FilteredCrowdServiceImpl.authenticate(FilteredCrowdServiceImpl.java:51)
	at com.atlassian.jira.security.login.LoginManagerImpl$InternalStaticDependencies.authenticate(LoginManagerImpl.java:417)
	at com.atlassian.jira.security.login.LoginManagerImpl.authenticateWithoutElevatedCheck(LoginManagerImpl.java:213)
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.WebSudoAuthenticate.doValidation(WebSudoAuthenticate.java:131)
	at webwork.action.ActionSupport.validate(ActionSupport.java:391)
	at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:162)
	at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:87)
	at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:39)
	at webwork.interceptor.NestedInterceptorChain.proceed(NestedInterceptorChain.java:31)
	at webwork.interceptor.ChainedInterceptor.intercept(ChainedInterceptor.java:16)
	at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:35)
	at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:225)
	at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:154)
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.service(JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.java:152)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.steps.ChainedFilterStepRunner.doFilter(ChainedFilterStepRunner.java:87)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.XContentTypeOptionsNoSniffFilter.doFilter(XContentTypeOptionsNoSniffFilter.java:22)
	[...]

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel Community Leader Apr 11, 2018

Hi Alard,

you can try to disable the secure adminstrator sessions in the jira.config.properties:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-secure-administrator-sessions-802593160.html

Hi Thomas,

Thanks. Creating  jira.config.properties in the JIRA home directory with the line 

jira.websudo.is.disabled = true

and restarting JIRA resolved the admin lock-out issue for me.

Thomas Schlegel Community Leader Apr 11, 2018

You're welcome, @Alard_Roebroeck

If you think, your question is answered, please accept the answer with the check marker.

Other users with similar questions can find answered questions more easy with such a marker.

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,934 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you