I have created a groovy to copy reporter value to a custom field "QA conatact" but that fails can you please help me to create groovy

Basudev Behera March 20, 2016

log.setLevel(org.apache.log4j.Level.DEBUG);

MutableIssue issue = issue;
CustomField cfQAContact = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("QA Contact");

def qacontact = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfQAContact);

if(qacontact==null)
{
def currentReporter = issue.reporter;
issue.setCustomFieldValue(cfQAContact, currentReporter);
issue.store();
}

7 answers

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2016

So, use UserUtil or UserManager to get the ApplicationUser using reporter's name or key. Using UserUtil for example, replace the updateValue with

cfQAContact.updateValue(null, issue, new    ModifiedValue(cfQAContact, ComponentAccessor.getUserUtil().getUserByName(issue.getReporter().getName())),changeHolder)

or in your original script 

issue.setCustomFieldValue(cfQAContact, ComponentAccessor.getUserUtil().getUserByName(issue.getReporter().getName()));

PS. In your original script you don't need to use the .store() if the post function is before the "Update change history..." step.

0 votes
Basudev Behera March 21, 2016

It's 6.3.15

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2016

I suspect the issue.reporter return to you a user of type OfBizUser. But you want the Application User. You should use userManager to get the Application User, but before I continue could you tell me you JIRA version ?   

0 votes

It shows below error

2016-03-21 05:55:38,655 http-bio-443-exec-18 ERROR bbehera 355x332593x1 s9is0g 10.22.160.111 /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [scriptrunner.jira.workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction] Script function failed on issue: DESTDMSTR-37, actionId: 1, file: D:\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\scripts\Workflow Transition\NewGroovy1.groovy
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.atlassian.jira.crowd.embedded.ofbiz.OfBizUser cannot be cast to com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.UserCFType.getDbValueFromObject(UserCFType.java:79)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.AbstractSingleFieldType.createValue(AbstractSingleFieldType.java:161)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl.createValue(CustomFieldImpl.java:833)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl.updateValue(CustomFieldImpl.java:505)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl.updateValue(CustomFieldImpl.java:487)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.OrderableField$updateValue.call(Unknown Source)
at NewGroovy1.run(NewGroovy1.groovy:29)

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2016

Then make sure that you call this function before the "Update change history..." step. If that is not successful, try the script below

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def cfQAContact = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == "QA Contact"}
def qacontact = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfQAContact)

//issue.reporter should not be null
if(!qacontact && issue.reporter) {
	def changeHolder = new DefaultIssueChangeHolder()
	cfQAContact.updateValue(null, issue, new 	ModifiedValue(cfQAContact, issue.reporter),changeHolder)
}

Please let me know if this works for you.

0 votes

Yes Thanos

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2016

Hi Basudev,

Is this in a post function ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events